DFI Day 6 Reflections - Enabling Access

Manaiakalani's Kaupapa has four tightly interconnected ideas - learning has to be connected, visible, empowering and ubiquitous.  Today we unpacked what it means to be connected.  The ability to connect is really powerful.  When teachers and students harness the power of connection, the richness to be able to grow from each other is exponential!  There are already several networks established to facilitate the learning connections between schools and clusters.  Our school is part of the Te Ara Tuhura cluster in Christchurch.  

We were able to spend most of our day with our bubble team mates creating, working on and improving our sites.  After reviewing our current site with our bubble, I realised that the site was created for the wrong audience.  In my role as DRS, I am predominantly supporting my staff with their understanding, implementation and delivery of the RE curriculum.  When I created the site the day before we moved to level 4 in the first wave of the lock down, I aimed the content for the parents and students.  However, I quickly realised that my staff were creating far better RE resources that are age-appropriate on their class sites.  So, I decided to use my time today to create a RE Staff Site where we can collate our teaching resources, planning and timetables in one spot.  This would save us having to troll through numerous folders and documents on our shared drive.


Using these two slides as my guide, I analysed some of the site examplars that we had to identify the visual appeal and site functionality.  
My three goals for today were to plan the content of the site, design the home page (thinking about having consistent layout, fonts and formatting) and to create some buttons to link to the different pages.  This RE Staff Site is going to be work in progress over the next few weeks and I plan to share it with my staff in Term 4.



Comments

  1. Hi Angel. It is great to have some goals to work on. Your goals are great foundational areas in sites which allow for the overall efficiency of a class site. Getting those sorted will allow for you to be focused on the functionality, then worry about prettying it up at a later stage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DFI Day 7 Reflections - Devices

DFI - Day 2